To be a non-profit foundation of a social nature, providing quality services for the holistic care of the mental and spiritual health for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment in situations of abuse in all its modalities, focused on children and adolescents. To propitiate an environment for the education of the family members, guardians or principal caretakers and the community, in search of the improvement of the quality of life, from a perspective of children’s rights, that would allow them a strengthening of their being for a suitable social development.
To be a leading institution in the individual, family and social development process that optimizes the life project of children and adolescents, guaranteeing the fundamental rights of children thereby improving the living conditions.
- Personal Growth
- Albizu University
- NUC University
- Interamerican University – Arecibo Campus
- Dr. Carlos Ramos
- Dr. Michelle Carrión
- Dr. Patricia Alcántara
- Family Psychological Counselor
- Gisela Cordero
- Pastor Selmy Monrouzeau
- Mrs. Patricia Alcántara, Speaker
- Mrs. Christy Muller, Speaker
- Dr. Selma Monrouzeau Rosa, specialty in all types of losses
Population to be served
- Children between the ages of 3 and 17, victims of abuse in any of its modalities
- Their parents, guardians or caregivers
- To reach communities that have fallen prey to abuse, especially sexual abuse.
- To impact the population of abused children, their parents or caretakers,
- Expecting to attend to 15% of the cases identified as abuse.
- To provide prompt services during the first 7 days from the date the referral is received.
- Reduce 60% of the symptoms related to abuse.
- To impact the families of the minors so they can increase their management skills and acquire effective child-rearing tools.
The Center for Control and Prevention of Illnesses found that individuals who suffered sexual abuse one or more times in their childhood, have a greater tendency towards:
- Violent partners
- Multiple sexual partners
- Suicidal tendencies
- Early initiation to sexual activity
- Among other things